Old 11-14-2011, 01:32 PM
"Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak"

Default enabling gnome-shell extensions system-wide?

It seems that gnome-shell extensions are not enabled by default in
gnome-shell 3.2, even if you install the appropriate rpm.

Is there a command-line method of enabling all installed extensions for
all users?

It's a bit cumbersome to run gsettings commands for every user on every
system, or similarly use gnome-tweak-tool. A system-wide switch would be
helpful.

- Mike

Old 11-14-2011, 02:17 PM
Patrick Lists

On 11/14/2011 03:32 PM, Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> It seems that gnome-shell extensions are not enabled by default in
> gnome-shell 3.2, even if you install the appropriate rpm.
>
> Is there a command-line method of enabling all installed extensions for
> all users?
>
> It's a bit cumbersome to run gsettings commands for every user on every
> system, or similarly use gnome-tweak-tool. A system-wide switch would be
> helpful.

I don't know how to enable that system wide but I would like to know
what the gsettings command is to enable a shell extension. Would you
mind sharing that info?

Regards,
Patrick

Old 11-14-2011, 02:20 PM
"Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak"

> I don't know how to enable that system wide but I would like to know
> what the gsettings command is to enable a shell extension. Would you
> mind sharing that info?

Details here:

http://fusionlinux.org/2011/11/07/installing-and-enabling-gnome-shell-3-2-extensions/

- Mike