Old 11-14-2011, 10:45 AM
Patrick Lists

Default Fedora 16 and ATI Radeon HD 6600M video (Sony VAIO SA25GB)

On 11/14/2011 12:23 PM, fernando@lozano.eti.br wrote:
[snip]
> I had to "install using basic video mode", else I get a blank screen,
> and later I configured the RPMFusion repos -- but they have no ati
> driver for Fedora 16 yet.

The reason there is no Catalyst driver for Fedora 16 is because ATI does
not yet support the x.org version in Fedora 16. So it's ATI who must
solve this.

> Anyone there has a similar machine (at least similar video card) running
> Fedora? Should I try an older release (Fedora 15, Fedora 14) or even
> Ubuntu? Or do I have to wait for an updated video driver from either ATI
> or the community?

You can wait for a new Catalyst driver and hope that it will support the
x.org version used in Fedora 16. A new driver should be released by ATI
in about one month. Or you can install Fedora 15 on your Vaio and
install the available Catalyst driver from rpmfusion.org.

Regards,
Patrick