Old 11-14-2011, 07:45 AM
Antonio M

Default F16- Grubby fatal error

I applied available updates this morning.

Kernel was updated but I saw a message stating Grubby fatal error: not
available template (or something like this) during yum update

I rebooted and anything is o.k., updated kernel has been installed and
it is working.

What was the meaning of such a message??

Tnx

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : amontag52

Old 11-14-2011, 08:07 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 09:45:08 +0100, AM (Antonio) wrote:

> I applied available updates this morning.
>
> Kernel was updated but I saw a message stating Grubby fatal error: not
> available template (or something like this) during yum update
>
> I rebooted and anything is o.k., updated kernel has been installed and
> it is working.
>
> What was the meaning of such a message??

It refers to grubby trying to derive a new boot menu entry from an
existing one for an older kernel.

http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/grubby

--
Fedora release 16 (Verne) - Linux 3.1.0-7.fc16.x86_64
loadavg: 0.00 0.04 0.05