Old 11-14-2011, 04:58 AM
Zhangsan

Default kmail2 on F16 loses filters when logout

I am a kmail user for years. I've just upgrade to F16 and new kmail2 make
me uncomfortable. I configured a number of filter rules which move mails
to different folders. They worked well in F15, but now in F16, all the filters
lose once I logout KDE. I filed a bug report but get no response. Does
anybody have the same problem?

Old 11-14-2011, 05:11 AM
Peter A

On 11/14/11 00:58, Zhangsan wrote:
> I am a kmail user for years. I've just upgrade to F16 and new kmail2 make
> me uncomfortable. I configured a number of filter rules which move mails
> to different folders. They worked well in F15, but now in F16, all the filters
> lose once I logout KDE. I filed a bug report but get no response. Does
> anybody have the same problem?

I had that same issue and so many others that I gave up. Running
Thunderbird now. (This isn't a flame but what a lot of people do. The
reason why I brought it up is because even if you spend time debugging
this issue, are you sure its worth it? Argh, this hurts, I've been a
kmail user since the very beginning...)

Anyway, I started debugging the issue and it seems that its mostly a
akonadi related issue. Look at the akonadiconsole and see the state. Try
stopping akonadi before logging out (akonadictl stop) and see if that
makes a difference.

Peter.

Old 11-14-2011, 11:04 AM
Timothy Murphy

Peter A wrote:

> I had that same issue and so many others that I gave up. Running
> Thunderbird now. (This isn't a flame but what a lot of people do. The
> reason why I brought it up is because even if you spend time debugging
> this issue, are you sure its worth it? Argh, this hurts, I've been a
> kmail user since the very beginning...)

I'm the same, except that I've moved back to Fedora-15
until KMail2 is sorted out.

It seems to me obvious that KMail2 was not ready,
and was just added to Fedora-16 because a new distribution was coming out.

Is it possible to run the old KMail with Fedora-16?
And if so, how?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net