Old 11-14-2011, 04:02 AM
Robert Arkiletian

Default upgrade F12->F14 small /boot

I've got a F12 32bit box with raid1 (software mdadm) 200MB /boot. I
know I can't use preupgrade (/boot too small) but what about using an
F14 install DVD? Will that upgrade work?

--
Robert Arkiletian

Old 11-14-2011, 04:04 AM
Danishka Navin

I've got a F12 32bit box with raid1 (software mdadm) 200MB /boot. I

know I can't use preupgrade (/boot too small) but what about using an

F14 install DVD? Will that upgrade work?

AFAIK, F12 > F13 > F14
*

--

Robert Arkiletian

Danishka Navin
http://danishkanavin.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/danishkanavin

http://www.flickr.com/photos/danishkanavin/

Old 11-14-2011, 05:05 AM
Robert Arkiletian

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 9:04 PM, Danishka Navin <danishka@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Robert Arkiletian <robark@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I've got a F12 32bit box with raid1 (software mdadm) 200MB /boot. I
>> know I can't use preupgrade (/boot too small) but what about using an
>> F14 install DVD? Will that upgrade work?
>
> AFAIK, F12 > F13 > F14

You mean to say the small /boot part is ok but I can't go directly
from 12 to 14 using an install dvd?

--
Robert Arkiletian

Old 11-14-2011, 05:11 AM
Danishka Navin

>> I've got a F12 32bit box with raid1 (software mdadm) 200MB /boot. I

>> know I can't use preupgrade (/boot too small) but what about using an

>> F14 install DVD? Will that upgrade work?

> AFAIK, F12 > F13 > F14

You mean to say the small /boot part is ok but I can't go directly

from 12 to 14 using an install dvd?

is it possible to create another 500MB partition by resizing your existing partition? :-/
*

I never do upgrades but fresh installation in each 6months ( i have separate /home )

but i do not have any network services but KVM images.