Old 11-13-2011, 06:47 PM
jackson byers

Default chrome package differences

$ uname -r
2.6.35.14-103.fc14.i686.PAE

[root@f14 ~]# yum list installed |grep chrom
google-chrome-beta.i386
xorg-x11-drv-openchrome.i686
[root@f14 ~]#

how are these two related?

Are they two distinct complete packages of chrome?

Do I need both?

Is one a dependency of the other?

At the moment I don't recall just how I installed "chrome",
but I don't think I installed these two separately.

Jack

Old 11-13-2011, 06:51 PM
Martin Airs

On Sunday 13 Nov 2011 11:47:02 jackson byers wrote:
> $ uname -r
> 2.6.35.14-103.fc14.i686.PAE
>
> [root@f14 ~]# yum list installed |grep chrom
> google-chrome-beta.i386
> xorg-x11-drv-openchrome.i686
> [root@f14 ~]#
>
> how are these two related?
>
> Are they two distinct complete packages of chrome?
>
> Do I need both?
>
> Is one a dependency of the other?
>
> At the moment I don't recall just how I installed "chrome",
> but I don't think I installed these two separately.
>

> Jack

It looks like they're completely unrelated
yum info xorg-x11-drv-openchrome results..

Available Packages
Name : xorg-x11-drv-openchrome
Arch : i686
Version : 0.2.904
Release : 16.fc16
Size : 151 k
Repo : fedora
Licence : MIT
Description : X.Org X11 openchrome video driver.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:06 AM
Mike Chambers

On Sun, 2011-11-13 at 11:47 -0800, jackson byers wrote:
> $
> [root@f14 ~]# yum list installed |grep chrom
> google-chrome-beta.i386

Above is a browser, like firefox, made by google.

> xorg-x11-drv-openchrome.i686

Above is a video driver, by xorg.

They are not related in any way, shape or form.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"