Old 11-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Gary Waters

Default Free Space fluctuations - Home directory Weirdness

I am using Fedora 15. This Am when I opened up firefox and went to my
online banking I noticed my saved user profile was gone. When I went to
the weather channel's site my firefox security kept asking me for my
main password, which was weird since that never happened before.

I also noticed the computer was rather sluggish and seemed to be
swapping a lot. Eventually I got a warning popup saying my home
directory had 714K free space. I started to free up space. When I got to
18GB free space I then noticed that in a very little time frame the free
space dropped to 6.9GB free.

I then rebooted a few times and immediately after each reboot I noticed
my home directory had 79GB free. This drops rather quickly with in
minutes. I'd drop from 79GB free to 71GB free in under 5 minutes...

What the heck is going on?