Old 11-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Benjamin

Default Feroda for server

Hi,

I want to deploy high squid proxy in our production environment in which
we have online 12000 users and 800 mbps bandwith.

So for that we planning for high end h/w with linux os.

Does fedora is good for our requirement or do we need to go for centos /
rhel ?

Please guide me resolve my query.

THanks,
Benijamin

Old 11-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Marvin Kosmal

I want to deploy high squid proxy in our production environment in which

we have online 12000 users and 800 mbps bandwith.

So for that we planning for high end h/w with linux os.

Does fedora is good for our requirement or do we need to go for centos /

rhel ?

Please guide me resolve my query.

THanks,

Benijamin

Hi

I would suggest something with a longer release cycle.*** Maybe Red Hat..

Marvin
*

Old 11-13-2011, 04:39 PM
Benjamin

wrote:

*Hi,

I want to deploy high squid proxy in our production
environment in which

we have online 12000 users and 800 mbps bandwith.

So for that we planning for high end h/w with linux os.

Does fedora is good for our requirement or do we need to go
for centos /

rhel ?

Please guide me resolve my query.

THanks,

Benijamin

Hi

I would suggest something with a longer release cycle.***
Maybe Red Hat..

Marvin

*

do i go with RHEL 6 64 bit ?

Regards,

Benjo

Old 11-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Rahul Sundaram

On 11/13/2011 11:09 PM, Benjamin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> do i go with RHEL 6 64 bit ?

Hard to give blanket answers without knowing more about the
considerations for your deployment but yes, 64-bit would generally be
preferable.

Rahul

Old 11-13-2011, 06:19 PM
M A Young

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011, Benjamin wrote:

> do i go with RHEL 6 64 bit ?

Or one of the clones such as CentOS or Scientific Linux, if you don't need
the support and don't want to pay the license fee.

Michael Young