Old 11-13-2011, 03:26 PM
mike lan

Default no windows borders in Xfce

Hello* every one

in XFCe, I get no window borders , I have no way to minimize or maximize or close* a window.

thanks .

Old 11-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Leonardo Silveira

Look at this:
http://forum.xfce.org/viewtopic.php?id=5455

try to run on a console

xfwm4 --replace

hope it helps

Old 11-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Carroll Grigsby

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 16:26:13 +0000
mike lan <lan.mike88@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello every one
>
> in XFCe, I get no window borders , I have no way to minimize or
> maximize or close a window.
>

> thanks .

Mike:
Give this a try:
1. Open up a terminal with ALT Fn2. (or Fn3 or Fn4 ...)
2. Enter "xfwm4 &". Note that there is a space between the 4 and the
ampersand.

If that works, add xfwm4 to the Application Autostart list under
"Session and Startup".

-- cmg

Old 11-13-2011, 03:47 PM
mike lan