Old 11-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Alexander Volovics

Default dconf-editor & icon-manager

If I understand it correctly after installing
'gnome-shell-extension-icon-manager' and 'dconf-editor' it is possible
to add/remove icons from the top-bar (Fed 16 + Gnome 3.2).

However I can find no documentation to explain how to do this except
/usr/share/doc/gnome-shell-extension-icon-manager-0/README which says:

. Edit key
* top-bar: put icons that you want to remove from top-bar or move from
tray bar

But if I enter 'volume' for example it is not accepted with remark:
Error setting value: 0-6 unknown keyword.

At the bottom of the window I see "Type: as".
What is this type "as" and how do i enter it.

Alexander

Old 11-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Alexander Volovics

On 11/13/2011 02:53 PM, Alexander Volovics wrote:
> If I understand it correctly after installing
> 'gnome-shell-extension-icon-manager' and 'dconf-editor' it is possible
> to add/remove icons from the top-bar (Fed 16 + Gnome 3.2).
>
> However I can find no documentation to explain how to do this except
> /usr/share/doc/gnome-shell-extension-icon-manager-0/README which says:
>
> . Edit key
> * top-bar: put icons that you want to remove from top-bar or move from
> tray bar
>
> But if I enter 'volume' for example it is not accepted with remark:
> Error setting value: 0-6 unknown keyword.
>
> At the bottom of the window I see "Type: as".
> What is this type "as" and how do i enter it.

Sorry for the noise
Typing 'volume' instead of volume works.

Alexander