Old 11-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Ed Greshko

Default chksystemd SystemD - F-16

On 11/13/2011 07:29 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 11/13/2011 07:22 PM, Frank Murphy wrote:
>> On 13/11/11 11:12, T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
>>
>>> -T.C.
>> 404 on the rpm
>>

> Fine from here...

Oooopss wrong link.... NOT fine from here...

--
Even if you do learn to speak correct English, whom are you going to
speak it to? -- Clarence Darrow

Old 11-13-2011, 10:34 AM
"T.C. Hollingsworth"

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 4:22 AM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
> 404 on the rpm

Fixed. Sorry about that!

-T.C.

Old 11-13-2011, 12:46 PM
suvayu ali

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 12:34, T.C. Hollingsworth
<tchollingsworth@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 4:22 AM, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 404 on the rpm
>
> Fixed. *Sorry about that!

I can't seem to pipe the output or redirect it to a file. Try either
of those gives me this backtrace:

graphical.target
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/chksystemd", line 241, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/bin/chksystemd", line 92, in main
list_deps(args.unit, targets)
File "/usr/bin/chksystemd", line 180, in list_deps
print_deps(target, False)
File "/usr/bin/chksystemd", line 203, in print_deps
print_dep(prefix, unit, True, by)
File "/usr/bin/chksystemd", line 210, in print_dep
print_deps(unit, by, prefix='.join(['│ ', prefix]), required=required)
File "/usr/bin/chksystemd", line 195, in print_deps
print prefix,
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'u2502' in
position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

> -T.C.

Hope this helps.

PS: I think this is a very useful utility, maybe its worthwhile
submitting this for inclusion?

--
Suvayu

Old 11-13-2011, 01:22 PM
"T.C. Hollingsworth"

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 6:46 AM, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> wrote:
> I can't seem to pipe the output or redirect it to a file. Try either
> of those gives me this backtrace:
>
> graphical.target
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> *File "/usr/bin/chksystemd", line 241, in <module>
> * *main()
> *File "/usr/bin/chksystemd", line 92, in main
> * *list_deps(args.unit, targets)
> *File "/usr/bin/chksystemd", line 180, in list_deps
> * *print_deps(target, False)
> *File "/usr/bin/chksystemd", line 203, in print_deps
> * *print_dep(prefix, unit, True, by)
> *File "/usr/bin/chksystemd", line 210, in print_dep
> * *print_deps(unit, by, prefix='.join(['│ ', prefix]), required=required)
> *File "/usr/bin/chksystemd", line 195, in print_deps
> * *print prefix,
> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'u2502' in
> position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

Yay for unicode bugs! Fixed in chksystemd-2 (along with a brown paper
bag bug that made the "reset" action not work), which is now available
at http://tchol.org/chksystemd/

> Hope this helps.
>
> PS: I think this is a very useful utility, maybe its worthwhile
> submitting this for inclusion?

I definitely will once it's got some more testing.

-T.C.

Old 11-13-2011, 02:59 PM
suvayu ali

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 15:22, T.C. Hollingsworth
<tchollingsworth@gmail.com> wrote:
>> UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'u2502' in
>> position 0: ordinal not in range(128)
>
> Yay for unicode bugs! *Fixed in chksystemd-2 (along with a brown paper
> bag bug that made the "reset" action not work), which is now available
> at http://tchol.org/chksystemd/

Great, works nicely now.

>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> PS: I think this is a very useful utility, maybe its worthwhile
>> submitting this for inclusion?
>
> I definitely will once it's got some more testing.

Looking forward to it. Thanks a lot for this nice contribution.

--
Suvayu

Old 11-13-2011, 10:32 PM
Marko Vojinovic

On Sunday 13 November 2011 07:22:51 T.C. Hollingsworth wrote:
> Yay for unicode bugs! Fixed in chksystemd-2 (along with a brown paper
> bag bug that made the "reset" action not work), which is now available
> at http://tchol.org/chksystemd/
>
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > PS: I think this is a very useful utility, maybe its worthwhile
> > submitting this for inclusion?
>
> I definitely will once it's got some more testing.

I also find this *very* useful. Until systemctl starts providing this natively,
it's a good thing to have around.

Great work, thanks! :-)

Best, :-)
Marko