Old 11-13-2011, 09:50 AM
Dave Cross

Default Preugrade Stalled?

I'm trying to upgrade my Dell desktop to F16 using preupgrade. I ran
the download overnight and started the actual upgrade this morning. I
started it running and wandered off for an hour and a half.

When I came back it was at the "examining storage devices" stage. But
the progress bar isn't moving. I've now watched it for an hour and it
hasn't changed at all.

So I have two questions.

1/ Is it possible that the process can take this long? Or has it stalled?
2/ If it has stalled, what should I do? How easy will it be to recover
the system?

Thanks,

Dave...

--
Dave Cross :: dave@dave.org.uk
http://dave.org.uk/

Old 11-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Dave Cross

On 13 November 2011 10:50, Dave Cross <davorg@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade my Dell desktop to F16 using preupgrade. I ran
> the download overnight and started the actual upgrade this morning. I
> started it running and wandered off for an hour and a half.
>
> When I came back it was at the "examining storage devices" stage. But
> the progress bar isn't moving. I've now watched it for an hour and it
> hasn't changed at all.

It seems I spoke too soon. When I returned to the system a couple of
hours later, it had moved on and was installing the packages.

Sorry for bothering you.

Dave...