Old 11-13-2011, 06:14 AM
Miguel Cardenas

Default ATI Catalyst on Fedora 16

Hello

Im trying to install ATI Catalyst driver in my Fedora 16, based on this guide http://drivers.downloadatoz.com/tutorial/28193,how-to-install- but it does not work, after installation when I reboot it stalls when trying to start the graphic mode...

Reviewing the log /usr/share/ati/fglrx-install.log the installer says that it could not unload radeon module since it is on use, so I uninstalled the driver and tried to unload radeon but it was impossible because it is "in use"...

Anybody knows of a procedure to make it work with Fedora *16* ? Currently I have a minimal installation backed up with clonezilla, so I can restore the backup to the previous stage before installing the driver to try different procedures.

Thanks!

Old 11-13-2011, 09:51 PM
Patrick Lists

On 11/13/2011 08:14 AM, Miguel Cardenas wrote:
[snip]
> Anybody knows of a procedure to make it work with Fedora *16* ?

Afaik Catalyst does not work with Fedora 16 because the latest Catalyst
driver does not yet support the x.org version used in Fedora 16. This
must be fixed by ATI so I guess you have to be patient. Maybe ATI will
support the x.org in Fedora 16 in their next Catalyst release which
should be out in about 1 month. Keep an eye on phoronix.com. They track
the Catalyst drivers and ATI people participate actively in their forum.

Regards,
Patrick