Old 11-12-2011, 05:07 PM
antonio montagnani

Default personal file sharing

I have 2 computer connected on same network, they share printer, I can
ping from 1 to 2 and from 2 to 1, I activated the Personal file share
option but.... from computer 1 I can see 1 and 2 sharings, from computer
2 I can't see any of them (I should see at least the shard folder on
same machine, I suppose).
On both computers no Firewall is active.

Where shall I have a look??

Tnx
--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F16 (Verne) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com
http://www.studiodacolpaloschi.it

Old 11-12-2011, 05:25 PM
"n2xssvv.g02gfr12930"

On 12/11/11 18:07, antonio montagnani wrote:
> I have 2 computer connected on same network, they share printer, I can
> ping from 1 to 2 and from 2 to 1, I activated the Personal file share
> option but.... from computer 1 I can see 1 and 2 sharings, from computer
> 2 I can't see any of them (I should see at least the shard folder on
> same machine, I suppose).
> On both computers no Firewall is active.
>
> Where shall I have a look??
>
> Tnx

You need to give more information, are you using NFS, (and version), or
samba? I have successfully shared directories between a laptop and a PC
using NFS, (version 3 & 4). NFS v4 is a little bit more complicated to
setup.

Regards

cpp4ever

Old 11-12-2011, 06:53 PM
antonio montagnani

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 ha scritto / said the following il giorno/on
12/11/2011 19:25:
> On 12/11/11 18:07, antonio montagnani wrote:
>> I have 2 computer connected on same network, they share printer, I can
>> ping from 1 to 2 and from 2 to 1, I activated the Personal file share
>> option but.... from computer 1 I can see 1 and 2 sharings, from computer
>> 2 I can't see any of them (I should see at least the shard folder on
>> same machine, I suppose).
>> On both computers no Firewall is active.
>>
>> Where shall I have a look??
>>
>> Tnx
>
> You need to give more information, are you using NFS, (and version), or
> samba? I have successfully shared directories between a laptop and a PC
> using NFS, (version 3& 4). NFS v4 is a little bit more complicated to
> setup.
>
> Regards
>
> cpp4ever

please note that Personal File Sharing should be independent from Samba
or NFS....