Old 11-11-2011, 11:51 PM
antonio montagnani

Default ugliness inF16 / Gnome

Just updated one old desktop from F15 to F16
Fully updated, but when rebooted I find that chractrs in Gnome are
terrible,icons of applications are blurred while characters of
applications *Firfox, Thundrebird, Libreoffice( are o.k
KDE is o.k, but also login screen characters are not o.k....

Any help
--
Antonio
Prima di stampare pensa all'ambiente

Linux Fedora 15 Lovelock on Casa
Linux user number 362582

http://www.campingmonterosa.com
http://www.studiodacolpaloschi.it

Old 11-11-2011, 11:57 PM
antonio montagnani

antonio montagnani ha scritto / said the following il giorno/on
12/11/2011 01:51:
> Just updated one old desktop from F15 to F16
> Fully updated, but when rebooted I find that chractrs in Gnome are
> terrible,icons of applications are blurred while characters of
> applications *Firfox, Thundrebird, Libreoffice( are o.k
> KDE is o.k, but also login screen characters are not o.k....
>
> Any help

forgot to say,running an old nvidia card with noveau driver

--
Antonio
Prima di stampare pensa all'ambiente
Think about environment before printing
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora 16 Verne on Casa

Old 11-12-2011, 12:00 AM
antonio montagnani

antonio montagnani ha scritto / said the following il giorno/on
12/11/2011 01:57:
> antonio montagnani ha scritto / said the following il giorno/on
> 12/11/2011 01:51:
>> Just updated one old desktop from F15 to F16
>> Fully updated, but when rebooted I find that chractrs in Gnome are
>> terrible,icons of applications are blurred while characters of
>> applications *Firfox, Thundrebird, Libreoffice( are o.k
>> KDE is o.k, but also login screen characters are not o.k....
>>
>> Any help
>
> forgot to say,running an old nvidia card with noveau driver

I mean that menu on the fr right cannotbe seen (somecharacters and many
squares,date on the topline is a combination of squares

Old 11-12-2011, 05:46 AM
"Errol Mangwiro "

Same issue here. Also using nvidia graphics card. I'm going to try the driver fromn rpmfusion repo next
-------
The code that is hardest to debug is the code that you know cannot possibly be wrong

Old 11-12-2011, 05:46 AM
"Errol Mangwiro "

Old 11-12-2011, 07:08 AM
antonio montagnani

Errol Mangwiro ha scritto / said the following il giorno/on
12/11/2011 07:46:
> Same issue here. Also using nvidia graphics card. I'm going to try the driver fromn rpmfusion repo next
> -------
> The code that is hardest to debug is the code that you know cannot possibly be wrong

filed a bug
Bug 753394 - Ugliness of F16 characters interface
Installing KDE.
Gnome cannot be used-urgent bug, Iguess
--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F15 (Lovelock) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org