Old 11-11-2011, 10:41 PM
Peter Gueckel

Default fedora repo error with yum

For 36 hours I have been getting this error and am unable to update:

Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: fedora.
Please verify its path and try again

I have run yum clean all countless times, but the error keeps reappearing. What
is wrong?

Old 11-11-2011, 11:23 PM
Joe Zeff

On 11/11/2011 03:41 PM, Peter Gueckel wrote:
> I have run yum clean all countless times, but the error keeps reappearing. What
> is wrong?

I don't know why yum isn't working for you, but if running yum clean all
once didn't fix it, running it again won't help. It's what I like to
call the Bullwinkle Syndrome: "This time, for sure!"