Old 11-11-2011, 03:11 PM
John Austin

Default F16 "CRITICAL **: unable to create '/run/user/fred/dconf'; dconf will not work properly.

Hi

Following today's F16 updates I have following problem
99% certain this did not happen before the updates

Login to the console as fred
Create a konsole window

[fred@naxos ~]$ xhost +
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
[fred@naxos ~]$ su - ja
Password:
ja@naxos ~ 1$ export DISPLAY=:0.0
ja@naxos ~ 2$ gedit prob.txt
** (gedit:4544): CRITICAL **: unable to create '/run/user/fred/dconf'; dconf will not work properly.
ja@naxos ~ 3$

Editing is possible but ja preferences are not honoured

Why is gedit trying to create a file in fred's directory?
[root@naxos ~]# ls -l /run/user/
total 0
drwx------. 4 fred fred 80 Nov 11 11:29 fred
drwx------. 2 root root 40 Nov 11 12:00 root

I'm asking if anyone else has seen this problem
before I submit a bugzilla against gconf2 I assume

Fully updated F16
Using KDM and XFCE (not GDM or Gnome)

[root@naxos ~]# yum info gconf*
Installed Packages