Old 11-11-2011, 02:25 PM
"Michael D. Berger"

Default F16_64: startx not working

On my new F16_64, set uo my XFCE desktop seccessfully.
I then:
created "/etc/sysconfig/desktop" conraining DESKTOP="XFCE"
yum install switchdesk
switchdesk XFCE
set to boot to level 3

If I then run startx, the screen goes blank and nothing
happens. Forthermore, if I then set the bootlevel to
5 and reboot, the system is very slow, and itself does
another reboot before bringing up level 5.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Mike.

--
Michael D. Berger