Old 11-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Steven Stern

Default Cups glitch: F16 / preupgrade

Cups was enabled on my F15 system. Following a preupgrade driven upgrade
to F16, the cups service was not enabled.

systemctl enable cups.service

seems to have cups happily running again.

--
-- Steve

Old 11-10-2011, 11:00 PM
"Trever L. Adams"

On 11/10/2011 04:38 PM, Steven Stern wrote:
> Cups was enabled on my F15 system. Following a preupgrade driven upgrade
> to F16, the cups service was not enabled.
>
> systemctl enable cups.service
>
> seems to have cups happily running again.

I keep forgetting to create a bug. That systemctl command may start it,
but it won't restart on reboot. At least that is my experience. I just
haven't had time to file the bug.

--
"In protocol design, perfection has been reached not when there is
nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." --

Old 11-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Tim Waugh

On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 17:00 -0700, Trever L. Adams wrote:
> I keep forgetting to create a bug. That systemctl command may start it,
> but it won't restart on reboot. At least that is my experience. I just
> haven't had time to file the bug.

The bug has already been filed (bug #748841), and a fix is currently in
testing.

There is an answer in ask.fedoraproject.org about this issue:
http://ask.fedoraproject.org/question/253/cups-doesnt-start-after-upgrade-from-f15-to-f16?answer=445

Tim.
*/