Old 11-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Boris Epstein

Default /etc/init.d files under Fedora 16

Hello all,

Last time I used Fedore was awhile ago. I decided to come back to it
now, installed Fedora 16 and discovered the following: there are very
few scripts under /etc/init.d

And, also, I got my sshd installed but there is no /etc/init.d/sshd
Why would that be? How do I configure my system deamons to start up
when the machine is initializing?

Thanks.

Boris.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:07 PM
mike cloaked

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Boris Epstein <borepstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Last time I used Fedore was awhile ago. I decided to come back to it
> now, installed Fedora 16 and discovered the following: there are very
> few scripts under /etc/init.d
>
> And, also, I got my sshd installed but there is no /etc/init.d/sshd
> Why would that be? How do I configure my system deamons to start up
> when the machine is initializing?

The majority of services are now controlled by systemd - look back in
the lists for discussions about it -

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd
--
mike c

Old 11-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Boris Epstein

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 6:07 PM, mike cloaked <mike.cloaked@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:04 PM, Boris Epstein <borepstein@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Last time I used Fedore was awhile ago. I decided to come back to it
>> now, installed Fedora 16 and discovered the following: there are very
>> few scripts under /etc/init.d
>>
>> And, also, I got my sshd installed but there is no /etc/init.d/sshd
>> Why would that be? How do I configure my system deamons to start up
>> when the machine is initializing?
>>

> The majority of services are now controlled by systemd - look back in
> the lists for discussions about it -
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Systemd
> --
> mike c