FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Redhat > Fedora User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 11-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Peter Larsen
 
Default Copyright notice on fedoraproject.org

Does the year in the copy right notice mean anything these days? I've
noticed on some fedoraproject.org pages the (c) notice still say 2010 -
even though we're about done with 2011.

Example (bottom/footer of the page):
http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb

etc.
Not a biggie - to my knowledge the copyright laws were change decades
ago doing away with the need for the (c) notice in the first place.


--
Best Regards
Peter Larsen

Wise words of the day:
I used to work in a fire hydrant factory. You couldn't park anywhere near
the place.
-- Steven Wright
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 11-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Tim
 
Default Copyright notice on fedoraproject.org

On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 09:06 -0500, Peter Larsen wrote:
> Does the year in the copy right notice mean anything these days? I've
> noticed on some fedoraproject.org pages the (c) notice still say 2010 -
> even though we're about done with 2011.
>
> Example (bottom/footer of the page):
> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb

Well, if the information on the pages hasn't been changed since the date
was written on them, then there's no reason to change the date. And,
really speaking, it'd be dishonest to keep changing the date on static
pages. The date merely points out when the information was copyrighted.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

Don't send private replies to my address, the mailbox is ignored. I
read messages from the public lists.



--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 11-10-2011, 06:50 PM
Peter Larsen
 
Default Copyright notice on fedoraproject.org

On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 05:12 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 09:06 -0500, Peter Larsen wrote:
> > Does the year in the copy right notice mean anything these days? I've
> > noticed on some fedoraproject.org pages the (c) notice still say 2010 -
> > even though we're about done with 2011.
> >
> > Example (bottom/footer of the page):
> > http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb
>
> Well, if the information on the pages hasn't been changed since the date
> was written on them, then there's no reason to change the date. And,
> really speaking, it'd be dishonest to keep changing the date on static
> pages. The date merely points out when the information was copyrighted.

I can't speak for the admin/pkgdb page, but we just posted new torrents
for F16. And since 2010 we did that for F15 too. That would be changes?

Anyway - I don't know the legal implications. I suspect there are none
here and the year doesn't matter at all. I just wanted to report the
'issue'.

--
Regards
Peter Larsen

Wise words of the day:
/*
* Please skip to the bottom of this file if you ate lunch recently
* -- Alan
*/
-- from Linux kernel pre-2.1.91-1
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 
Old 11-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Rahul Sundaram
 
Default Copyright notice on fedoraproject.org

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

On 11/11/2011 01:20 AM, Peter Larsen wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 05:12 +1030, Tim wrote:
>> On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 09:06 -0500, Peter Larsen wrote:
>>> Does the year in the copy right notice mean anything these days? I've
>>> noticed on some fedoraproject.org pages the (c) notice still say 2010 -
>>> even though we're about done with 2011.
>>>
>>> Example (bottom/footer of the page):
>>> http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/
>>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb
>>
>> Well, if the information on the pages hasn't been changed since the date
>> was written on them, then there's no reason to change the date. And,
>> really speaking, it'd be dishonest to keep changing the date on static
>> pages. The date merely points out when the information was copyrighted.
>
> I can't speak for the admin/pkgdb page, but we just posted new torrents
> for F16. And since 2010 we did that for F15 too. That would be changes?
>
> Anyway - I don't know the legal implications. I suspect there are none
> here and the year doesn't matter at all. I just wanted to report the
> 'issue'.

webmaster AT fedoraproject.org is a better place for reporting such
issues. CC'ed

Rahul
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJOvGnyAAoJELauRe7G9dGMQgUH/0haAMJW/pUr0KhqmaXkt86O
5M4J0EAmbOmnJorz5cTT4bb3UsFVxWbpCENtiYf2rwZPV7+5gk j65crklgA3QStm
W4tViglWvYinMHS+julGS5SITESO6LG2i9MPM3K3G5fvZMq9Fv W36OJCJHY+cZwa
sUfCiAPEXJUuiKJdZO1NJO6CPnJGnW4HWhOF7J1GVUDorv8pl1 fWZlL+EDUZzY15
AvKZn6HOvjw5Tb1zgW8pdqi71DZ0AymppX2l+JLeBJbs72E9aG pY/5QAWnhnLR97
j5D9YvuXgCaz7DjOUq3gioPIjV5f5dcNLOTLr/MxZ7CmoNd3FN9VI6pBsYX66zo=
=8dWb
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
--
users mailing list
users@lists.fedoraproject.org
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/mailman/listinfo/users
Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:34 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org