Old 11-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Arindam Choudhury

Default problem with fedora 15 - 16 : TPM device not found

Hi,

When I tried to install (dual boot with windows 7) Fedora (15/16) the installation procedure stops complaining "TPM device not found, activating TPM bypass" and the system freezes.

When I locked the Wi-Fi interface from bios, the installation completes. But the Wi-Fi card becomes unavailable in both windows and linux.

How to resolve this issue?

Regards,
Arindam

Old 11-10-2011, 10:04 AM
Patrick Lists

On 11/10/2011 11:16 AM, Arindam Choudhury wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I tried to install (dual boot with windows 7) Fedora (15/16) the
> installation procedure stops complaining "TPM device not found,
> activating TPM bypass" and the system freezes.
>
> When I locked the Wi-Fi interface from bios, the installation completes.
> But the Wi-Fi card becomes unavailable in both windows and linux.
>
> How to resolve this issue?

When it was frozen did you leave it alone and wait 10 minutes to see if
the install process continues after a while?

If you see that the installation process continues after a while then
try booting the F15/F16 DVD with the following added to the kernel boot
line: tpm_tis.interrupts=0

And try again.

Regards,
Patrick

Old 11-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Arindam Choudhury

waiting did not work. I waited for more then 30 mins but nothing happen.