Old 11-09-2011, 11:54 PM
Leonardo

Default how to watch copy-protected dvd's on fedora 16? (64 bits)

hello everyone,

how do i watch encrypted dvds? what do i need to install? is something
in rpmfusion for this purpose?

Old 11-10-2011, 12:51 AM
Peter Gueckel

Leonardo wrote:

> how do i watch encrypted dvds? what do i need to install? is something
> in rpmfusion for this purpose?

I believe you need libdvdcss from rpm.livna.org. This repo has only that one
package, but it is essential to getting a complete fedora setup.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:53 AM
suvayu ali

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 02:51, Peter Gueckel <pgueckel@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe you need libdvdcss from rpm.livna.org. This repo has only that one
> package, but it is essential to getting a complete fedora setup.

I think its available from the remi repo now a days.

--
Suvayu

Old 11-10-2011, 12:58 AM
Leonardo

thanks a lot the livna installs itself as a repository and libdvdcss
appears on package manager.

i'm watching right now.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:16 AM
Peter Gueckel

Leonardo wrote:

> i'm watching right now.

:-)

Old 11-10-2011, 04:17 AM
Peter Gueckel

suvayu ali wrote:

> remi repo

Never heard of it. I will check it out, but I am concerned about
incompatibilities with rpmfusion, which operates closely with fedora.

Old 11-14-2011, 01:10 AM
suvayu ali

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 06:17, Peter Gueckel <pgueckel@gmail.com> wrote:
> suvayu ali wrote:
>
>> remi repo
>
> Never heard of it. I will check it out, but I am concerned about
> incompatibilities with rpmfusion, which operates closely with fedora.

This is a widely used community repo for fedora. It is mostly known
for providing packaged versions of the latest Firefox when Fedora
doesn't include it because of its policy of _no major version
updates_.

--
Suvayu