Old 11-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Timothy Murphy

Default F16 problems

I installed Fedora-16/KDE from the hard disk with few problems,
but I have had 2 problems in running it.

1. KMail

I transferred my IMAP folders without problem from Fedora-15,
and ran KMail a couple of times, before encountering the fatal error
"Failed to fetch the resource collection." (KDE Bug: 259355)

As far as I can see there has been no solution to this problem,
which has been widely reported.

Since I need KMail, I have reverted to Fedora-15
and will wait there until this problem is solved.
(I installed Fedora-16 on a separate partition,
so Fedora-15 is still available,
though the change in user IDs made this more difficult than usual.)

2. OpenVPN

I installed this, with an appropriate client.conf
and the requisite keys, but for some reason
there is no entry in /etc/init.d for openvpn.

Has anyone got openvpn running under Fedora-16?

Any advice or suggestions on either of these issues gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net