Old 11-09-2011, 08:57 PM
"Michael D. Berger"

Default F15_64: network stopped working

In my F15_64 box, the network suddenly stopped working.
Pinging my local router fails. It is not hardware,
because I was when I loaded a rescue system, I was able
to ping the router. "ping 127.0.0.1" works.

cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
ifup p4p1

results in:
ERROR : .../ifup-eth] Device p4p1 does not seem to be present ...

I do not use NetworkManager, but this is not new.

I note that I was testing a libipq program, but this is
now shut off. Ping also failed with iptables stopped.

I am also failing systemd logging, but the message indicated
that this could be caused by the network failure.

Thanks for your suggestions on what to do next.

Mike.
--
Michael D. Berger
m.d.berger@ieee.org

Old 11-10-2011, 12:09 AM
"Michael D. Berger"

[...]

Please see my next thread entitled:
"p4p1 changed to p2p1; works oddly"
A more interesting title, don't you think?

Mike.
--
Michael D. Berger
m.d.berger@ieee.org