Old 11-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Colin Paul Adams

Default How to run preupgrade?

I have F14 installed on my Macbook Air, and I want to upgrade to F16.

So I read the installation manual, and quickly found chapter 20. I did:

yum install preupgrade

as instructed, and then:

preupgrade

as instructed.

Everything appeared to go well. At the end I pressed the button to
re-boot as instructed, but my F14 system just re-booted as normal. How
do I actually perform the upgrade from this point?
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire

Old 11-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Lamar Owen

On Wednesday, November 09, 2011 06:57:54 AM Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> I have F14 installed on my Macbook Air, and I want to upgrade to F16.

> Everything appeared to go well. At the end I pressed the button to
> re-boot as instructed, but my F14 system just re-booted as normal. How
> do I actually perform the upgrade from this point?

The preupgrade setup actually writes another boot entry to grub, and it may be confused by the way the booting is on you MacBook Air.

During boot, break out to the grub menu and see if the preupgrade entry (I forget right off the top of my hat what it's called) shows up; look in /boot/grub/menu.lst (or /boot/grub/grub.conf) and see if it's there.