-   -   Firefox Stopped Working (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/596200-firefox-stopped-working.html)

Bill Kuns 11-09-2011 04:43 AM

Firefox Stopped Working

Aw, Shucks!

I log on to user(B), using Firefox to access the internet.* One day, Firefox stopped

working.* I click on it and it won't come up.* Nuts!

So, I log on to user(X).* Firefox works just fine.* I use it for a couple of months.

Today, it won't come up.* Nuts!

I log on to user(W).* No Firefox.

What am I doing wrong?

I'm using Fedora 15.

Sincerely,

--

Bill Kuns

Joachim Backes 11-09-2011 06:57 AM

Firefox Stopped Working

On 11/09/2011 06:43 AM, Bill Kuns wrote:
> Aw, Shucks!
>
> I log on to user(B), using Firefox to access the internet. One day,
> Firefox stopped
> working. I click on it and it won't come up. Nuts!
>
> So, I log on to user(X). Firefox works just fine. I use it for a
> couple of months.
> Today, it won't come up. Nuts!
>
> I log on to user(W). No Firefox.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Don't know. But you can try to start firefox in the safe mode:

firefox -safe-mode

Probably, some extension is the culprit, and -safe-mode will run FF
without any add-on. Then you may check the error console of FF.

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

Mike Chambers 11-09-2011 04:19 PM

Firefox Stopped Working

On Wed, 2011-11-09 at 08:57 +0100, Joachim Backes wrote:
> On 11/09/2011 06:43 AM, Bill Kuns wrote:
> > Aw, Shucks!
> >
> > I log on to user(B), using Firefox to access the internet. One day,
> > Firefox stopped
> > working. I click on it and it won't come up. Nuts!
> >
> > So, I log on to user(X). Firefox works just fine. I use it for a
> > couple of months.
> > Today, it won't come up. Nuts!
> >
> > I log on to user(W). No Firefox.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> Don't know. But you can try to start firefox in the safe mode:
>
> firefox -safe-mode
>
> Probably, some extension is the culprit, and -safe-mode will run FF
> without any add-on. Then you may check the error console of FF.

Might just try firefox from commanline without any exts and see if get
any errors when trying to run it as normal.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"