Old 11-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Pavel Lisy

Default F16 bridge configuration

Hello

Is there any suggestion how to config bridge for libvirtd? I made it
in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ before (f14), but it doesn't work
anymore and NetworkManager says it doesn't support bridge yet.

Pavel
--
Pavel Lisy <pali@tmapy.cz>
T-MAPY spol. s r.o.

Old 11-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Digimer

On 11/08/2011 10:31 AM, Pavel Lisy wrote:
> Hello
>
> Is there any suggestion how to config bridge for libvirtd? I made it
> in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ before (f14), but it doesn't work
> anymore and NetworkManager says it doesn't support bridge yet.
>
> Pavel

I created a bridge and set it to NM_CONTROLLED="no";

# Bridge
NM_CONTROLLED="no"
DEVICE="vbr0"
TYPE="Bridge"
BOOTPROTO="static"
ONBOOT="yes"
IPADDR="10.20.30.40"
NETMASK="255.255.0.0"
GATEWAY="10.20.255.254"
DNS1="10.20.0.1"
DNS2="10.20.0.2"
DEFROUTE="yes"

Then 'ifup vbr0'

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer@alteeve.com

Old 11-08-2011, 02:40 PM
Tom Horsley

On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 16:31:10 +0100
Pavel Lisy wrote:

> Is there any suggestion how to config bridge for libvirtd? I made it
> in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ before (f14), but it doesn't work
> anymore and NetworkManager says it doesn't support bridge yet.

Making the script worked for me, but you have to enable
the "network" service (and maybe disable NetworkManager, or
at least mark the bridge and ethernet as not being network
manager controlled).

One thing that might be screwing you up is the possible
change in the name of the ethernet device (mine changed
from p4p1 to p6p1).

Old 11-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Pavel Lisy

Digimer p*še v Út 08. 11. 2011 v 10:40 -0500:
> On 11/08/2011 10:31 AM, Pavel Lisy wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > Is there any suggestion how to config bridge for libvirtd? I made it
> > in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ before (f14), but it doesn't work
> > anymore and NetworkManager says it doesn't support bridge yet.
> >
> > Pavel
>
> I created a bridge and set it to NM_CONTROLLED="no";
>
> # Bridge
> NM_CONTROLLED="no"
> DEVICE="vbr0"
> TYPE="Bridge"
> BOOTPROTO="static"
> ONBOOT="yes"
> IPADDR="10.20.30.40"
> NETMASK="255.255.0.0"
> GATEWAY="10.20.255.254"
> DNS1="10.20.0.1"
> DNS2="10.20.0.2"
> DEFROUTE="yes"
>
> Then 'ifup vbr0'
I want have bridge without IP address (like switch only)

I have this in file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br0:
------------------
DEVICE=br0
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Bridge
BOOTPROTO=none
NM_CONTROLLED="no"
STP=on
DELAY=0
------------------

And how I can join it to one physical device - p37p1?

I have this in file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-p37p1:
------------------
DEVICE="p37p1"
ONBOOT=yes
NM_CONTROLLED="yes"
HWADDR=00:1D:92:32:80:0D
TYPE=Ethernet
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
DEFROUTE=yes
PEERDNS=yes
PEERROUTES=yes
IPV4_FAILURE_FATAL=yes
IPV6INIT=no
NAME="System p37p1"
UUID=feed5bf5-2f88-7d33-96e3-79c6ac5d38c9
------------------
When I put this line to config network become broken
BRIDGE=br0

Any advice?

Pavel

Old 11-08-2011, 06:43 PM
Pavel Lisy

Tom Horsley p*še v Út 08. 11. 2011 v 10:40 -0500:
> On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 16:31:10 +0100
> Pavel Lisy wrote:
>
> > Is there any suggestion how to config bridge for libvirtd? I made it
> > in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ before (f14), but it doesn't work
> > anymore and NetworkManager says it doesn't support bridge yet.
>
> Making the script worked for me, but you have to enable
> the "network" service (and maybe disable NetworkManager, or
> at least mark the bridge and ethernet as not being network
> manager controlled).
I don't know how to make it in F16

there is only
NetworkManager.service for systemctl