Old 11-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Oliver Ruebenacker

Default Disabling touchpad on Dell Latitude with XFCE

Hello,

I got a new Dell Latitude laptop with a touchpad and installed a
fresh F15-XFCE. The computer is difficult to use, because it is almost
impossible to type anything without touching the touchpad, and the
slightest touch will result in a unwanted and sometimes disastrous
mouse click (in contrast with the mouse keys, which need to be pressed
rather forcefully).

I already installed gpointing-device-settings, which does not
recognize the touchpad.

I saw some instructions to install two more packages with "pacman".
I don't know that one and Google only finds the arcade game, and I'm
not sure whether the instructions are only for Gnome or also for XFCE.

What can I do? Thanks!

Take care
Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Computational Cell Biologist
Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org)