Old 03-21-2008, 10:37 PM
david walcroft

Default Keeping kernels

I'm trying to keep 4 kernels in /boot/grub/grub.conf
I have this in /etc/yum.conf

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
keepcache=0
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
metadata_expire=1800
exclude=
installonly_kernel=4

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d

But it is not working,is there somewhere else that controls this
or have I got 'installonly_kernel=4' wrong.

david

Old 03-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Albert Graham

Not sure if "installonly_kernel=" is a valid option, it's not listed in
the man page,

man yum.conf

Old 03-21-2008, 11:01 PM
Rahul Sundaram

david walcroft wrote:

I'm trying to keep 4 kernels in /boot/grub/grub.conf
I have this in /etc/yum.conf

[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
keepcache=0
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
metadata_expire=1800
exclude=
installonly_kernel=4

# PUT YOUR REPOS HERE OR IN separate files named file.repo
# in /etc/yum.repos.d

But it is not working,is there somewhere else that controls this
or have I got 'installonly_kernel=4' wrong.

You have indeed got this wrong. You need installonly_limit and
installonlypkgs should include the kernel. Check the man page

# man yum.conf

Rahul