Old 11-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Judith Flo Gaya

Default hostbased ssh

Hello all,

I would like to know if someone in the list is using hostbased ssh.
I'm trying to set it up on my f14 machine and for some reason it does
not work.
openssh-5.5p1-21.fc14.2.x86_64
2.6.35.6-45.fc14.x86_64 #1 SMP

I made the changes on ssh_config adding
EnableSSHKeysign yes
Host *
HostbasedAuthentication yes

sshd_config
HostbasedAuthentication yes

I also created the shosts.equiv file and the ssh_known_host

I started the sshd in a different port and within the same machine I
tried to ssh to it and after a log of debug messages I see this:

debug3: mm_answer_keyallowed: key 0x7f41e0034730 is not allowed

and then the next auth protocol starts (in my case password).
I'm able to login using password with no problem, but for some reason
this key auth is not working.

Does someone have this configuration working on a f14 installation?
Can somebody help me? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot,