Old 11-02-2011, 07:59 PM
"Michael D. Berger"

Default pthread_create() fails SysV in myDaemon on boot

In F15_64, on starting SysV myDaemon in level 3, with S99myDaemon

rtn = pthread_create() fails with:
rtn=1=Operation not permitted

man pthread_create says this means:
No permission to set the scheduling policy
and parameters specified in attr.

This happens for:
policy = SCHED_FIFO
policy = SCHED_RR

This code works if, after boot, I start it with:
/etc/init.d/myDaemon start

and starts on boot in my old CentOS 5 box.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Mike.