Old 11-02-2011, 03:38 AM
Joachim Backes

Default ld problems if trying to make the ChucK software

I'm trying to install the ChucK software
(http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/). Compiling OK, but problems during linking:

/usr/bin/ld: chuck_main.o: undefined reference to symbol
'pthread_cancel@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'pthread_cancel@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO
/lib64/libpthread.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
/lib64/libpthread.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

rpm -qf /lib64/libpthread.so.0
glibc-2.14.90-14.x86_64

Any hint?

Kind regards

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

Old 11-02-2011, 03:41 AM
Joachim Backes

On 11/02/2011 05:38 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> I'm trying to install the ChucK software
> (http://chuck.cs.princeton.edu/). Compiling OK, but problems during linking:
>
> /usr/bin/ld: chuck_main.o: undefined reference to symbol
> 'pthread_cancel@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
> /usr/bin/ld: note: 'pthread_cancel@@GLIBC_2.2.5' is defined in DSO
> /lib64/libpthread.so.0 so try adding it to the linker command line
> /lib64/libpthread.so.0: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> rpm -qf /lib64/libpthread.so.0
> glibc-2.14.90-14.x86_64
>

> Any hint?
>
> Kind regards

Sorry, wrong list (was dedicated to the test list)

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes