Old 11-01-2011, 08:03 PM
Christopher Svanefalk

Default Forcing HDD spindown

Dear all,
one problem I have on my system is the frequency with which the kernel winds up the HDD. It is hot almost constantly, and never seems to power down. Is there anything I can do (aside from deactivating updatedb and the like) in order to force the system to a minimal use of the HDD?

Thanks in advance,
Chris