Old 03-21-2008, 02:26 AM
Ric Moore

Default yum problems

As of late, I've started getting this error:
yum install python-gtk
Repository fedora is listed more than once in the configuration
Repository fedora-debuginfo is listed more than once in the
configuration
Repository fedora-source is listed more than once in the configuration
Determining fastest mirrors
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/7/mirrors-freshrpms error was
[Errno 12] Timeout: <urlopen error timed out>
Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: freshrpms

So, I've looked and looked, but do not find the repos noted being listed
twice anywhere. And, the freshrpms thing is happening even while the
freshrpm repo is inactive without me enabling it. Anyone have a clue??
Everything worked until a day ago. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar

Old 03-21-2008, 02:32 AM
Craig White

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 23:26 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> As of late, I've started getting this error:
> yum install python-gtk
> Repository fedora is listed more than once in the configuration
> Repository fedora-debuginfo is listed more than once in the
> configuration
> Repository fedora-source is listed more than once in the configuration
> Determining fastest mirrors
> Could not retrieve mirrorlist
> http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/7/mirrors-freshrpms error was
> [Errno 12] Timeout: <urlopen error timed out>
> Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: freshrpms
>
> So, I've looked and looked, but do not find the repos noted being listed
> twice anywhere. And, the freshrpms thing is happening even while the
> freshrpm repo is inactive without me enabling it. Anyone have a clue??
> Everything worked until a day ago. Ric
----
locating duplicated repo...

# grep -l '[fedora]' /etc/yum.repos.d/*
/etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo

freshrpms...
# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/freshrpms.repo
[freshrpms]
name=RPMForge: Freshrpms
#baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/freshrpms/
mirrorlist=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/mirrors-freshrpms
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-freshrpms
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1
priority=110

Craig

Old 03-21-2008, 06:40 AM
Ric Moore

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 20:32 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 23:26 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> > As of late, I've started getting this error:
> > yum install python-gtk
> > Repository fedora is listed more than once in the configuration
> > Repository fedora-debuginfo is listed more than once in the
> > configuration
> > Repository fedora-source is listed more than once in the configuration
> > Determining fastest mirrors
> > Could not retrieve mirrorlist
> > http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/7/mirrors-freshrpms error was
> > [Errno 12] Timeout: <urlopen error timed out>
> > Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: freshrpms
> >
> > So, I've looked and looked, but do not find the repos noted being listed
> > twice anywhere. And, the freshrpms thing is happening even while the
> > freshrpm repo is inactive without me enabling it. Anyone have a clue??
> > Everything worked until a day ago. Ric
> ----
> locating duplicated repo...
>
> # grep -l '[fedora]' /etc/yum.repos.d/*
> /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo
>
> freshrpms...
> # cat /etc/yum.repos.d/freshrpms.repo
> [freshrpms]
> name=RPMForge: Freshrpms
> #baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/freshrpms/
> mirrorlist=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/mirrors-freshrpms
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-freshrpms
> gpgcheck=1
> enabled=1
> priority=110
>
> Craig

Thanks Craig! I didn't think that the resulting *~ files left over from
an edit would still register as a valid repo file to yum. So, anything
in that directory is considered a repo file even if it has *.repo~ in
it? Weird. DOS brain between the chair and the computer at work here,
relying on an filename extension. I'll put a pic of Samantha Fox in
there to see if yum will try to use it! <grins> I'll letcha know what
happens. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar

Old 03-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Craig White

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 03:40 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 20:32 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 23:26 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> > > As of late, I've started getting this error:
> > > yum install python-gtk
> > > Repository fedora is listed more than once in the configuration
> > > Repository fedora-debuginfo is listed more than once in the
> > > configuration
> > > Repository fedora-source is listed more than once in the configuration
> > > Determining fastest mirrors
> > > Could not retrieve mirrorlist
> > > http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/7/mirrors-freshrpms error was
> > > [Errno 12] Timeout: <urlopen error timed out>
> > > Error: Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: freshrpms
> > >
> > > So, I've looked and looked, but do not find the repos noted being listed
> > > twice anywhere. And, the freshrpms thing is happening even while the
> > > freshrpm repo is inactive without me enabling it. Anyone have a clue??
> > > Everything worked until a day ago. Ric
> > ----
> > locating duplicated repo...
> >
> > # grep -l '[fedora]' /etc/yum.repos.d/*
> > /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo
> >
> > freshrpms...
> > # cat /etc/yum.repos.d/freshrpms.repo
> > [freshrpms]
> > name=RPMForge: Freshrpms
> > #baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/freshrpms/
> > mirrorlist=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/mirrors-freshrpms
> > gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-freshrpms
> > gpgcheck=1
> > enabled=1
> > priority=110
> >
> > Craig
>
> Thanks Craig! I didn't think that the resulting *~ files left over from
> an edit would still register as a valid repo file to yum. So, anything
> in that directory is considered a repo file even if it has *.repo~ in
> it? Weird. DOS brain between the chair and the computer at work here,
> relying on an filename extension. I'll put a pic of Samantha Fox in
> there to see if yum will try to use it! <grins> I'll letcha know what
> happens. Ric
----
I don't think so...I think only file names that end in '.repo' are
actually used.

The grep command listed all files in that directory that had [fedora] in
them. If you only had one file listed, it must have had the [fedora]
section in there twice.

Craig

Old 03-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Ric Moore

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 06:41 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 03:40 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:

> > > ----
> > > locating duplicated repo...
> > >
> > > # grep -l '[fedora]' /etc/yum.repos.d/*
> > > /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo
> > >
> > > freshrpms...
> > > # cat /etc/yum.repos.d/freshrpms.repo
> > > [freshrpms]
> > > name=RPMForge: Freshrpms
> > > #baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/freshrpms/
> > > mirrorlist=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/mirrors-freshrpms
> > > gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-freshrpms
> > > gpgcheck=1
> > > enabled=1
> > > priority=110
> > >
> > > Craig
> >
> > Thanks Craig! I didn't think that the resulting *~ files left over from
> > an edit would still register as a valid repo file to yum. So, anything
> > in that directory is considered a repo file even if it has *.repo~ in
> > it? Weird. DOS brain between the chair and the computer at work here,
> > relying on an filename extension. I'll put a pic of Samantha Fox in
> > there to see if yum will try to use it! <grins> I'll letcha know what
> > happens. Ric
> ----
> I don't think so...I think only file names that end in '.repo' are
> actually used.

I would think so too...

> The grep command listed all files in that directory that had [fedora] in
> them. If you only had one file listed, it must have had the [fedora]
> section in there twice.

That's the weird part. I had one file named fedora.repo and another
named fedora.repo~ and one file named fedora.debuginfo.repo and
fedora.debuginfo.repo~. When I erased the ~ files that took care of the
problem. So, as I promised, I put a jpeg of Mandee in the yum.repo.d
directory, but yum ignored it. That's hopeful, yes? Plus, I rechecked
freshrpms.repo file and the darn thing was set to enabled. Beats the
heck outa me, but I disabled it and have no more problems with it as
well. Thanks for the assist, running the script showed the ~ backup
files being recognized. Ok, I just coped fedora.repo to fedora.repo~ but
yum didn't act as before. I'm clueless. It works, and that's the end of
that. <boggles> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar

Old 03-22-2008, 02:25 AM
Craig White

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 21:59 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 06:41 -0700, Craig White wrote:

> > > Thanks Craig! I didn't think that the resulting *~ files left over from
> > > an edit would still register as a valid repo file to yum. So, anything
> > > in that directory is considered a repo file even if it has *.repo~ in
> > > it? Weird. DOS brain between the chair and the computer at work here,
> > > relying on an filename extension. I'll put a pic of Samantha Fox in
> > > there to see if yum will try to use it! <grins> I'll letcha know what
> > > happens. Ric
> > ----
> > I don't think so...I think only file names that end in '.repo' are
> > actually used.
>
> I would think so too...
> >
> > The grep command listed all files in that directory that had [fedora] in
> > them. If you only had one file listed, it must have had the [fedora]
> > section in there twice.
>
> That's the weird part. I had one file named fedora.repo and another
> named fedora.repo~ and one file named fedora.debuginfo.repo and
> fedora.debuginfo.repo~. When I erased the ~ files that took care of the
> problem. So, as I promised, I put a jpeg of Mandee in the yum.repo.d
> directory, but yum ignored it. That's hopeful, yes? Plus, I rechecked
> freshrpms.repo file and the darn thing was set to enabled. Beats the
> heck outa me, but I disabled it and have no more problems with it as
> well. Thanks for the assist, running the script showed the ~ backup
> files being recognized. Ok, I just coped fedora.repo to fedora.repo~ but
> yum didn't act as before. I'm clueless. It works, and that's the end of
> that. <boggles> Ric
----
Apparently there is a problem with freshrpms - typically this has been
their Internet host (Heanet).

http://lists.freshrpms.net/pipermail/freshrpms-list/2008-March/015068.html

Craig

Old 05-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Walter Cazzola

Dear Fedora Users,
I'm just puzzled from an error I get from yum:

>yum update
Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, downloadonly, fastestmirror,
presto, refresh-packagekit
* fedora: mirror.switch.ch
* jpackage-generic: mirror.ibcp.fr
* jpackage-generic-updates: mirror.ibcp.fr
* rpmfusion-free: mirror.switch.ch
* rpmfusion-free-updates: mirror.switch.ch
* rpmfusion-nonfree: mirror.switch.ch
* rpmfusion-nonfree-updates: mirror.switch.ch
* updates: mirror.switch.ch
Error: no such table: packages

up to yesterday everything was working correctly and apart from the
dayly updating of my fedora13 I didn't change anything.

Moreover any operation (repolist, list, install, update, ...) I got the
same error message.

Any idea on how to solve the problem?

Walter

Old 05-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Chris Smart

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Walter Cazzola <cazzola@dico.unimi.it> wrote:
> Dear Fedora Users,
> I'm just puzzled from an error I get from yum:

What if you clean out yum first?
yum clean all

-c

Old 05-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Walter Cazzola

On Wed, 11 May 2011, Chris Smart wrote:

> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Walter Cazzola <cazzola@dico.unimi.it> wrote:

>> I'm just puzzled from an error I get from yum:

> What if you clean out yum first?
> yum clean all

it has worked thanks a lot
Walter

Old 05-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 21:35 +1000, Chris Smart wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Walter Cazzola <cazzola@dico.unimi.it> wrote:
> > Dear Fedora Users,
> > I'm just puzzled from an error I get from yum:
> >

> What if you clean out yum first?
> yum clean all

Again with the "clean all". If the problem is due to a banjaxed
database, try "clean metadata" or "clean dbcache" before wiping your
package cache.

poc