Old 03-20-2008, 11:40 PM
max

Default NFS/SAMBA shares

Does anyone know of any problems with NFS or Samba? I have shared files
with both before so I don't think i am forgetting anything but neither
one is working at all. I have even tried sharing my Public files on the
network and i get no access. The services are running and the firewalls
have the appropriate ports open. I did notice that my single nfs share
multiplied into three somehow, with each one using part of the folder
name. What's going on? I haven't used either in quite some time , has
something changed? I can connect to microshit boxes no problem but
nothing else.

Hopefully its just me having a duh sort of day,

Max

Old 03-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Tim

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 20:40 -0400, max wrote:
> Does anyone know of any problems with NFS or Samba?

Search through the mailing list archives for a thread called "NFS versus
the firewall". That was a thread I started, about the same thing, where
someone else gave addresses to a couple of websites with information
about resolving it.

important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:59 AM
"max bianco"

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Tim <ignored_mailbox@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 20:40 -0400, max wrote:

> Does anyone know of any problems with NFS or Samba?

Search through the mailing list archives for a thread called "NFS versus

the firewall". *That was a thread I started, about the same thing, where

someone else gave addresses to a couple of websites with information

about resolving it.

*important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.

Thanks!!

Max

Old 03-21-2008, 05:03 PM
"max bianco"

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 20:40 -0400, max wrote:

> Does anyone know of any problems with NFS or Samba?

Search through the mailing list archives for a thread called "NFS versus

the firewall". *That was a thread I started, about the same thing, where

someone else gave addresses to a couple of websites with information

about resolving it.

*important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.

Thanks!!

Max

of course turning off the firewall does nothing to resolve the issue. I cannot transfer files of any kind from one computer to another. I have set SELinux to permissive but no luck.

Max

Old 03-22-2008, 03:43 AM
Tim

On Fri, 2008-03-21 at 14:03 -0400, max bianco wrote:
> of course turning off the firewall does nothing to resolve the issue.
> I cannot transfer files of any kind from one computer to another. I
> have set SELinux to permissive but no luck.

You might want to give more specifics of what you're doing. "NFS/SAMBA
shares" sounds rather like you're hoping to access one through the
other, which has its problems. Sharing a shared resource doesn't always
work.

Old 03-22-2008, 11:25 AM
max