Old 03-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Da Rock

Default USB removable disks and memory cards

Can anyone tell me how to find usb device settings? I'd like to find out
the process used to automatically mount removable disks on fedora.

Cheers

Old 03-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 11:41 +1000, Da Rock wrote:
> Can anyone tell me how to find usb device settings? I'd like to find out
> the process used to automatically mount removable disks on fedora.
>

> Cheersystem

Try: System->Preferences->Hardware->Removable Drives and media.
Then click on the relevant option.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Da Rock

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 07:11 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 11:41 +1000, Da Rock wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me how to find usb device settings? I'd like to find out
> > the process used to automatically mount removable disks on fedora.
> >

> > Cheersystem
> >
> Try: System->Preferences->Hardware->Removable Drives and media.
> Then click on the relevant option.

Thanks for the reply. I was actually looking for the background
processes though. Does anyone know what scripts and apps are used to
achieve this and/or how Fedora overcomes this hurdle?

Cheers

Old 03-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Da Rock wrote:

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 07:11 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 11:41 +1000, Da Rock wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to find usb device settings? I'd like to find out
the process used to automatically mount removable disks on fedora.

Cheersystem

Try: System->Preferences->Hardware->Removable Drives and media.
Then click on the relevant option.

Thanks for the reply. I was actually looking for the background
processes though. Does anyone know what scripts and apps are used to
achieve this and/or how Fedora overcomes this hurdle?

Udev. HAL, DBus and gnome-volume-manager/KDE equivalent.

http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7745

Rahul

Old 03-21-2008, 11:28 PM
Da Rock

> Da Rock wrote:

> >> Try: System->Preferences->Hardware->Removable Drives and media.
> >> Then click on the relevant option.
> >
> > Thanks for the reply. I was actually looking for the background
> > processes though. Does anyone know what scripts and apps are used to
> > achieve this and/or how Fedora overcomes this hurdle?
>
> Udev. HAL, DBus and gnome-volume-manager/KDE equivalent.
>
> http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/7745
>
> Rahul

Bingo! Thanks very much- that was exactly what I was looking for. It
certainly explains why I couldn't find any config files or scripts on
it.

Cheers