Old 03-20-2008, 07:20 AM
"Valent Turkovic"

Default Mandriva officially supports eee

http://justingill.com/blog/2008/03/18/mandriva-linux-spring-2008-release-on-the-asus-eee-pc/

Interesting article.

I know there is eeedora but that is not an official fedora spin but a
project maintained by only one eee and fedora user [1]

Does anybody know if there are any plans to support eeedora project
more officially from Fedora? There are milions of eee sold and
although xandros has made a nice UI for it the base system has lost of
issues if users want to install new software (apt-get dependency hell
because of conflicting xandros, debian, ubuntu and eee repos).

Cheers,
Valent.

[1] http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/02/14/fedora-eee-pc-eeedora/

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic

Old 03-25-2008, 12:28 PM
"Valent Turkovic"

On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Valent Turkovic wrote:
> > http://justingill.com/blog/2008/03/18/mandriva-linux-spring-2008-release-on-the-asus-eee-pc/
> >
> > Interesting article.
> >
> > I know there is eeedora but that is not an official fedora spin but a
> > project maintained by only one eee and fedora user [1]
> >
> > Does anybody know if there are any plans to support eeedora project
> > more officially from Fedora? There are milions of eee sold and
> > although xandros has made a nice UI for it the base system has lost of
> > issues if users want to install new software (apt-get dependency hell
> > because of conflicting xandros, debian, ubuntu and eee repos).
>
> There has been discussions between eeedora maintainer and Fedora people.
> Unfortunately eeedora relies on the proprietary madwifi solution for
> wireless and distributions that claim to support eee do the same afaik.
> The long term solution is replacing the proprietary bits with native
> wireless drivers in the upstream Linux kernel. That can take a couple of
> revisions and John Linville who is the upstream wireless subsystem
> maintainer would know more details. Testing the bleeding edge bits
> available in rawhide and providing feedback might help.
>
> http://people.redhat.com/linville/
>
> Rahul

Hi John,
is there anyway I can help in troubleshooting open source atheros drivers?

Cheers,
Valent.