Old 03-20-2008, 12:26 AM
"Parlindungan Isa Anshory Siregar"

Default Acer Crystal WebCam

lHi, Im using FC8 on Acer Aspire 5573.
On windows, I't work fine, but when I install FC8, my WebCam can't be use.

When I used:
yum list uvcvideo

there is no uvcvido, howot installed My deiver?

Old 03-20-2008, 01:42 AM
Da Rock

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 08:26 +0700, Parlindungan Isa Anshory Siregar
wrote:
> lHi, Im using FC8 on Acer Aspire 5573.
> On windows, I't work fine, but when I install FC8, my WebCam can't be use.
>
> When I used:
> yum list uvcvideo
>
> there is no uvcvido, howot installed My deiver?

UVCVIDEO is still experimental. You can build from svn repo- just run a
search on uvc devices on google. There should be a wiki site for this
with instructions on how to build it.

I've got a panasonic gs150 with similar driver needs, but I still can't
get mine to work- it needs something else which I'm not sure exactly
what that is.

Good luck

Old 03-21-2008, 10:52 PM
Simon Slater

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 12:11 +0200, Sur wrote:
> post here the output of following command:
> /sbin/lsusb
>
> * Parlindungan Isa Anshory Siregar wrote, On 03/20/2008 03:26 AM:
> > lHi, Im using FC8 on Acer Aspire 5573.
> > On windows, I't work fine, but when I install FC8, my WebCam can't be use.
> >
> > When I used:
> > yum list uvcvideo
> >
> > there is no uvcvido, howot installed My deiver?

Try this site http://linux-uvc.berlios.de/

I have an Acer Extensa 5220 and this site shows it under 064e:a101 from
manufacturer SuYin. Unfortunately this is as far as I have got since a
webcam is low on the priorities for me.

Keep us posted on your progress.

--
Regards