-   -   F15 - Apache and PHP (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/591321-f15-apache-php.html)

"Steven F. LeBrun" 10-25-2011 09:30 PM

F15 - Apache and PHP

Hi,

For the past month or two, I have been developing a web site on my
laptop using Apache 2.2.21 with PHP 5.3.8 on Fedora 15.* Everything
was working as expected until a few days ago.* One day, my Apache
HTTPD server stopped processing the PHP code in the files with "php"
extensions, the very files that worked correctly the day before.

I have gone over all the changes that I have made to php.ini (made
no changes to the httpd configuration files).* I am not sure what
changed to cause Apache to pass the PHP code in the HTTP response
back to the browser.* It is possible that my system was updated
using yum via yumex.* There are no signs of errors in the httpd
error_log or messages log.

At the moment, my browser is receiving the full PHP files including
the embedded php code.

Any suggestions on how to fix or find the cause of this problem are
welcome.

--

**Steven F. LeBrun

Quote: "The pessimist complains about the wind; the
optimist expects it to change; and the realist adjusts the
sails."

**** -- Anonymous

Reindl Harald 10-25-2011 09:37 PM

F15 - Apache and PHP

Am 25.10.2011 23:30, schrieb Steven F. LeBrun:
> For the past month or two, I have been developing a web site on my laptop using Apache 2.2.21 with PHP 5.3.8 on
> Fedora 15. Everything was working as expected until a few days ago. One day, my Apache HTTPD server stopped
> processing the PHP code in the files with "php" extensions, the very files that worked correctly the day before.
>
> I have gone over all the changes that I have made to php.ini

php.ini is not relevant in this case because if the server passes the code
php is not active - some change in your configuration disabled php in apache
but until now nobody knows if you are using mod_php or cgi and what you changed
in the apache-configuration

Tim 10-25-2011 09:54 PM

F15 - Apache and PHP

On Tue, 2011-10-25 at 17:30 -0400, Steven F. LeBrun wrote:
> Any suggestions on how to fix or find the cause of this problem are
> welcome.

Look through the yum log file, to see what packages have recently
changed.

Look inside the Apache configuration directories for rpmnew files which
indicate a new configuration file has been installed, and see if you
need to change the way you set something in your current config files.
Or, for rpmsave files, which are your old config files saved, when a new
config file is installed.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Steven Stern 10-26-2011 02:40 AM

F15 - Apache and PHP

On 10/25/2011 04:30 PM, Steven F. LeBrun wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For the past month or two, I have been developing a web site on my
> laptop using Apache 2.2.21 with PHP 5.3.8 on Fedora 15. Everything was
> working as expected until a few days ago. One day, my Apache HTTPD
> server stopped processing the PHP code in the files with "php"
> extensions, the very files that worked correctly the day before.
>
> I have gone over all the changes that I have made to php.ini (made no
> changes to the httpd configuration files). I am not sure what changed
> to cause Apache to pass the PHP code in the HTTP response back to the
> browser. It is possible that my system was updated using yum via
> yumex. There are no signs of errors in the httpd error_log or messages log.
>
> At the moment, my browser is receiving the full PHP files including the
> embedded php code.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix or find the cause of this problem are welcome.
>
> --
> Steven F. LeBrun
>
> Quote: /"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it
> to change; and the realist adjusts the sails."/
> -- Anonymous

Check the php.ini file to make sure that short_open_tab=On or all the
stuff you coded with just "<?" and not "<?php" will show up as text.

--
-- Steve

"Steven F. LeBrun" 10-26-2011 04:07 AM

F15 - Apache and PHP

[...]

I only use "<?php" and have been working with
"short_open_tag=Off" successfully up to this point.

Running server-info shows that mod_php5.c is loaded.* The module
prefork.c is also loaded while worker.c is not.* Httpd is loading
the /etc/httpd/conf.d/php.conf file that came with the installation
which loads libphp5.so when prefork.c is also loaded.

The php.conf file also includes the following lines:

#

# Cause the PHP interpreter to handle files with a .php extension.

#

AddHandler php5-script .php

AddType text/html .php

#

# Add index.php to the list of files that will be served as
directory

#

DirectoryIndex index.php

The three command results show up in the server-info page so they
are being processed as well.