Old 10-24-2011, 11:42 PM
"Mikkel L. Ellertson"

Default remeber non broadcasted SSID

Old 10-25-2011, 08:49 AM
Tim

On Mon, 2011-10-24 at 20:36 +0100, Jeronimo Calvo wrote:
> I have recently installed F-15, and I cant get the network manager to
> remember my non broadcasted wireless SSID, I can actually select it
> from the list, but It does not connect automatically as with any other
> broadcasted networks.
>
> any ideas?

Yes. Don't turn off the broadcast. It doesn't protect anything, and
only hinders what you actually want to do.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Old 10-25-2011, 10:20 AM
Jeronimo Calvo

Old 10-25-2011, 11:47 AM
Genes MailLists

On 10/25/2011 06:20 AM, Jeronimo Calvo wrote:

> So there is not actual way of having the net manager remember the settings when not broadcasted then?
> Thanks a lot!

You didn't say if you're using gnome or kde or something else.

I use KDE on F15 and also have to deal with hidden SSID - and KDE
network applet remembers it and works just fine. The passphrase is
remembered and I have no issues.

YMMV.

gene/

Old 10-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Jeronimo Calvo

Old 10-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Genes MailLists

On 10/25/2011 07:56 AM, Jeronimo Calvo wrote:

>> You didn't say if you're using gnome or kde or something else.
>
> Im currently using F15 with Gnome3

Try KDE - it seems to work fine for me (tho as was already mentioned,
if you have control over the AP it makes more sense to broadcast SSID
... there are zero security benefits from not doing so).

gene