Old 10-24-2011, 05:19 PM
"Maxime Alarie"

Default Just installed RHEL 6.1 and i have 0 repositories

*Hi,
Im just wondering if someone know how to install packages on RHEL 6.1, I have installed the demo version* but the repositories are empty. I want* to install a GUI on that, along with DB2 and Websphere..
Anybody know how to do that? *
*
Thanks.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Lázaro Morales

En 24/10/2011 13:19:28, Maxime Alarie <malarie@processia.com> escribió:

> Im just wondering if someone know how to install packages on RHEL 6.1, I
> have installed the demo version but the repositories are empty

You should have in "/etc/yum.repos.d/" folder a file "rhel-base.repo",
check inside in the property "enabled" and set it to 1 and then try:

# yum update

To download the package database and the try installing a desktop
environment like GNOME or XCFE.

Regards,
Lázaro.

Este mensaje de correo electrónico ha sido procesado por el servidor de Frioclima

Old 10-24-2011, 06:55 PM
"Maxime Alarie"

Thanks for the quick reply,

The file is empty..

[root@RHELV6 yum.repos.d]# cat redhat.repo
#
# Red Hat Repositories
# Managed by (rhsm) subscription-manager
#[root@RHELV6 yum.repos.d]#

Old 10-24-2011, 07:55 PM
Lázaro Morales

En 24/10/2011 14:55:53, Maxime Alarie <malarie@processia.com> escribió:

> # Managed by (rhsm) subscription-manager

If you have a valid subscription refer to:

*
http://docs.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Deployment_Guide/index.html

Part II. "Package Management", Chapter 4: "Product Subscriptions and
Entitlements" to activate it. If not you can looking for availables
packages at your DVD:

Mount your DVD at "/media/rhel"
# mkdir /media/rhel-dvd
# mount /dev/dvd /media/rhel-dvd

create a custom .repo file pointing your DVD if it not exist under
"/etc/yum.repos.d/":

# cat > /etc/yum.repos.d/rhel-media.repo << "EOF"
[rhel-media]
name=RHEL-$releasever - Media
baseurl=file:///media/rhel-dvd/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-RHEL-6
EOF

And then try looking for packages in you DVD:
# yum update
# yum search php

Old 10-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Jeronimo Calvo

Jeronimo Calvo
jeronimocalvop@hush.com

On 24 Oct 2011, at 19:55, Maxime Alarie wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply,
>
> The file is empty..

Create a new repo file.

rhel6.repo

and add the following:

=================

# CentOS-Base.repo
#
# The mirror system uses the connecting IP address of the client and the
# update status of each mirror to pick mirrors that are updated to and
# geographically close to the client. You should use this for CentOS updates
# unless you are manually picking other mirrors.
#
# If the mirrorlist= does not work for you, as a fall back you can try the
# remarked out baseurl= line instead.
#
#

[base]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Base
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=os
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/os/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6

#released updates
[updates]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=updates
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/updates/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6

#additional packages that may be useful
[extras]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Extras
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=extras
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/extras/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6

#additional packages that extend functionality of existing packages
[centosplus]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Plus
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=centosplu s
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/centosplus/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6

#contrib - packages by Centos Users
[contrib]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Contrib
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=contrib
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/contrib/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=0
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-6

After that do the following:

yum clean all
yum update
you should accept the gpg keys from the centos repo.
try your new repo with:

yum list

Cheers,

Jero