Old 10-24-2011, 02:02 PM
Joe Feely

Default They can't hear me gtalk, skype

I suspect this is an old cookie, and I fear I'm not seeing something
really simple or even obvious.
I can hear them, put they can't hear me.
Except once on a skype test call, I hear my voice, and on one gtalk
(Google) they could hear me after I set the left hand slider to zero and
the right hand slider to max in Alsa mixer.
I'm using XFCE in F15, been searching and reading alsamixer and other
stuff on web and man pages to no avail.
Any pointers, direction etc. Any info I could post to help?

Thanks.

--
Joe Feely

Old 10-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Gilboa Davara

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Joe Feely <joe.feely@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I suspect this is an old cookie, and I fear I'm not seeing something
> really simple or even obvious.
> I can hear them, put they can't hear me.
> Except once on a skype test call, I hear my voice, and on one gtalk
> (Google) they could hear me after I set the left hand slider to zero and
> the right hand slider to max in Alsa mixer.
> I'm using XFCE in F15, been searching and reading alsamixer and other
> stuff on web and man pages to no avail.
> Any pointers, direction etc. Any info I could post to help?
>
> Thanks.

I'm more-or-less seeing the same thing on a number of Asus 1201N
netbooks we have at our company.
Unless you lower the volume of one side and increase the volume of the
other, the built in microphone simply doesn't work.

- Gilboa