Old 03-19-2008, 04:33 PM
"Daniel B. Thurman"

Default HOWTO enable XDMCP in gnome?

Gah.* I tried
today to use my Xvnc today and discovered that my
xdm failed to
start.* Since I cannot recall, can someone tell me
how to enable the
XDMCP in gnome?
*
Thanks!
Dan

Checked by AVG.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Neil Cherry

Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

Sorry, never mind. I finally figured it out.

Gah. I tried today to use my Xvnc today and discovered that my
xdm failed to start. Since I cannot recall, can someone tell me
how to enable the XDMCP in gnome?

Care to share?

--
Linux Home Automation Neil Cherry ncherry@linuxha.com
http://www.linuxha.com/ Main site

Old 03-19-2008, 10:37 PM
"Patrick O'Callaghan"

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 12:00 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:53:30 -0700
> "Daniel B. Thurman" <dant@cdkkt.com> wrote:
>
> > There was no 'service xdm restart' available that I could
> > find - and gnome is my default screen so it was simply faster
> > for me to reboot. If there is another way without rebooting,
> > I am all ears!
>
> gdm-restart

Or switch to a text console (Ctrl-Alt-F1) and do "init 3 && init 5".

poc