Old 10-23-2011, 03:02 PM
David

Default Package request

When would I write to request a package to be added to Fedora?
--

David

Old 10-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 11:02:31 -0400,
David <dgboles@gmail.com> wrote:
> When would I write to request a package to be added to Fedora?

If you are considering doing the work yourself:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

Otherwise the answer depends on what the software is. Generally you would
have more luck pitching this to one of the special interest groups that
might be interested in the software. For example the Games SIG has a
wishlist page at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/WishList

Old 10-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Veeti Paananen

On 23.10.2011 18:02, David wrote:
> When would I write to request a package to be added to Fedora?

Add it to the wiki:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainers_wishlist

Or just post it here and I'll add it to the list for you.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:43 PM
David

On 10/23/2011 11:39 AM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 11:02:31 -0400,
> David <dgboles@gmail.com> wrote:
>> When would I write to request a package to be added to Fedora?
>
> If you are considering doing the work yourself:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join
>
> Otherwise the answer depends on what the software is. Generally you would
> have more luck pitching this to one of the special interest groups that
> might be interested in the software. For example the Games SIG has a
> wishlist page at:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/WishList

No sir. Programing and packaging are above my pay grade.

I was thinking of these. They are in Ubuntu (deb) format as well as
source as utilities for GRUB2..

"Grub Customizer"

<https://launchpad.net/grub-customizer>

"Super Boot Manager"

<http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/05/super-boot-manager-eases-burg-grub-plymouth-tweaking-pains/>

--

David

Old 10-23-2011, 03:46 PM
David

On 10/23/2011 11:40 AM, Veeti Paananen wrote:
> On 23.10.2011 18:02, David wrote:
>> When would I write to request a package to be added to Fedora?
>
> Add it to the wiki:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainers_wishlist
>
> Or just post it here and I'll add it to the list for you.

Please see my reply to Bruno Wolff in this thread.

--

David