-   -   Package request (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/590348-package-request.html)

David 10-23-2011 03:02 PM

Package request

When would I write to request a package to be added to Fedora?
--

David

Bruno Wolff III 10-23-2011 03:39 PM

Package request

On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 11:02:31 -0400,
David <dgboles@gmail.com> wrote:
> When would I write to request a package to be added to Fedora?

If you are considering doing the work yourself:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join

Otherwise the answer depends on what the software is. Generally you would
have more luck pitching this to one of the special interest groups that
might be interested in the software. For example the Games SIG has a
wishlist page at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/WishList

Veeti Paananen 10-23-2011 03:40 PM

Package request

On 23.10.2011 18:02, David wrote:
> When would I write to request a package to be added to Fedora?

Add it to the wiki:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainers_wishlist

Or just post it here and I'll add it to the list for you.

David 10-23-2011 03:43 PM

Package request

On 10/23/2011 11:39 AM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 23, 2011 at 11:02:31 -0400,
> David <dgboles@gmail.com> wrote:
>> When would I write to request a package to be added to Fedora?
>
> If you are considering doing the work yourself:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/Join
>
> Otherwise the answer depends on what the software is. Generally you would
> have more luck pitching this to one of the special interest groups that
> might be interested in the software. For example the Games SIG has a
> wishlist page at:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/WishList

No sir. Programing and packaging are above my pay grade.

I was thinking of these. They are in Ubuntu (deb) format as well as
source as utilities for GRUB2..

"Grub Customizer"

<https://launchpad.net/grub-customizer>

"Super Boot Manager"

<http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2011/05/super-boot-manager-eases-burg-grub-plymouth-tweaking-pains/>

--

David

David 10-23-2011 03:46 PM

Package request

On 10/23/2011 11:40 AM, Veeti Paananen wrote:
> On 23.10.2011 18:02, David wrote:
>> When would I write to request a package to be added to Fedora?
>
> Add it to the wiki:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_maintainers_wishlist
>
> Or just post it here and I'll add it to the list for you.

Please see my reply to Bruno Wolff in this thread.

--

David