Old 03-19-2008, 10:51 AM
Frank Murphy

Default Yum --skip-broken

Yum --skip-broken

[main]
enabled = 1
check_always = 1

It's checking, but can it be set to not install the broken rpmsdeps?

Frank

Old 03-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Martin Marques

Frank Murphy wrote:

Yum --skip-broken

[main]
enabled = 1
check_always = 1

It's checking, but can it be set to not install the broken rpmsdeps?

AFAIK, that's what it does. At least in my case.

Old 03-19-2008, 11:42 AM
"Tom Horsley"

> > It's checking, but can it be set to not install the broken rpmsdeps?
>
> AFAIK, that's what it does. At least in my case.

In my case I can't tell what the heck it does. There was some inconsistent
repo the other day that was missing a dependency, so yum would get all
the way to the end, then do nothing at all because one package had a
missing dependency.

I then tried another update with --skip-broken, assuming it was for just
these situations, and it did lots more working, checking all kinds of junk,
then got to the end and refused to install anything because of a missing
dependency in one package.

I no longer have any idea what the heck --skip-broken is supposed to be
good for, but it clearly doesn't do the one thing I wanted it to do (install
the other packages that didn't have any dependency problems and ignore the
ones that did).

I had to run the update yet again, manually adding exclusions to finally get
it to update.