Old 03-19-2008, 09:24 AM
"Valent Turkovic"

Default Does Fedora work with ATI 2400HD Pro graphic card?

Hi,
I have a friend that is having trouble installing Fedora on his system
and he believes that it has to do with his ATI graphics card because
it is freezing in some random places during boot of F8 Live CD.

He managed to install Mandriva 2008 but not Fedora 8.

I'm going to his place this weekend to troubleshoot the issue but I
would like to be a bit more prepared.

Can some of you who use ATI graphics cards please share your
experience with me. Do you know how well is ATI 2400HD Pro chip
supported under various drivers?
I only found proprietary ati drivers for linux:
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/linux/linux-radeon.html

I read that ATI from 11/2007 started making Open Source drivers, but I
haven't had contact with ATI nor Nvidia for last few years so I'm a
bit out of the loop.

Which driver you use in Fedora with ATI 2400HD Pro graphic cards? How
are they working for you? Do you have some issues?

Cheers,
Valent.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/