Old 03-19-2008, 08:25 AM
Chris G

Default Can yum tell me what I have added to the base installation?

Is there any way to get yum to tell me what I have added to a Fedora 7
installation since the base installation (from CD/DVD) was done?

Even a list in order of time of installation would be good enough.

--
Chris Green

Old 03-19-2008, 08:54 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:25:43 +0000, Chris G wrote:

> Is there any way to get yum to tell me what I have added to a Fedora 7
> installation since the base installation (from CD/DVD) was done?
>
> Even a list in order of time of installation would be good enough.

See /var/log/yum.log*

Plus

rpm --query --all --last|less
or: rpm -qa --last|less

which shows the install-time of every RPM package that is installed.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Chris G

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 10:54:00AM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:25:43 +0000, Chris G wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to get yum to tell me what I have added to a Fedora 7
> > installation since the base installation (from CD/DVD) was done?
> >
> > Even a list in order of time of installation would be good enough.
>
> See /var/log/yum.log*

Excellent, exactly what I needed, thanks.

--
Chris Green