Old 10-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Manuel Escudero

Default Alternative to Apple's TimeCapsule for Linux?

Hi There, today I was watching some videos and reading some informationabout the Apple's Time Capsule, wich simply is an external HDD with some

ethernet and USB ports behind but the most important WiFi support....
In a few words it's a router with a 2TB HDD inside XD...

The prupouse of this thing is function as a mini-serverto backup you macs with a software called time machine,

share printers within the net and all that fun stuff...
Deja-Dup does what Time Machine Does, but I was wondering

what kind of device can replace the Apple's Time Capsule andbe fully compatible with Linux?

As far as I investigated, there are only 3 devices of this type:

- Apple Time Capsule -*http://www.apple.com/timecapsule/

- ClickFree Wireless -*http://www.clickfree.com/products_c3.php
- LaCie Wireless Space -*http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?id=10520

Does anyone of you have experience using one of these devices on Linux?
or if not,
Wich device is a good alternative if I want functionallity like this?

Thanks!
--
Manuel EscuderoLinux User #509052
Twitter:*@Jmlevick

PGP/GnuPG:*E2F5 12FA E1C3 FA58 CF15 *8481 B77B 00CA C1E1 0FA7Xenode Systems -*xenodesystems.com*-*"Conéctate a Tu Mundo"